Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Empty Promises...

What do people buy?  They buy benefits, they buy promises. I’m saying that because we have for along time said, and our 'superiors' remind us, that we cannot tell people we cure things, and I agree with that. You shouldn’t be walking around telling people, “I can cure that.” Those are not the words we use, and yet as you drive around town, on billboards, and in magazines, all you see is how this drug cures this and that, asthma, allergies, etc…? Anybody see that? How could they do that on a billboard? When we have a hard time even saying to someone “Yes, we get fantastic results with this that or the other thing.”?

So you have to ask yourself, what are the promises, if any, that I’m making to my patients. You know what, you may have backed down so far that you have backed off. I’m telling you right now that you need to step up and step back in. You’re getting full permission now to step all the way back in. And the promises that they want to hear are maybe not even the ones that you’re thinking about. I promise to give you the best chiropractic care on the planet, I promise to be absolutely focused every single time you’re here, I promise to answer every question that you have, and if I don’t know the answer, I promise to research that and give you the exact answer to that question.

How many promises are there that we can and should give to our patients? If you ask yourself that, you’d probably realize that there are actually about 150 promises and I’m probably making very few. And that’s what people buy. "I promise that we will be relentless in the removal of subluxation, I promise that my sole focus is to eliminate or reduce the nerve interference to it’s smallest component and then I promise over the period of the many years to come to keep it at it’s lowest level for as long as possible and I promise that."  How are you doing with your 'promise' level?

No comments:

Post a Comment